The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) Privacy Notice
KeyMann Residential Lettings Ltd collects and processes personal data relating to its clients and customers to manage the business relationship. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use that data and to meet our data protection obligations.
As part of our business, we are instructed by the landlord to act as managing agent to undertake their respective obligations. It is for this propose and on behalf of such entities, that we collect and process your data.
If you are a landlord or tenant, we collect and process your data on a day-to-day basis.
What information does the company collect?
We collect and process a range of information about our customers and clients. This includes:-
– Your name, address and contact details including email address, telephone number
– Financial information with regards to monies due, owed or received in relation to rent payments
We may collect this information in a variety of ways. For example through:-
- a data form which we ask you to send us when you instruct us to manage your property or would like to rent a property
- the ‘Contact Us’ page from our website
- email enquiries through our portals such as Zoopla and On The Market
- telephone enquiries
- other correspondence with you
Why do we process personal data?
We need to process personal data to enable the preparation of rent and to put a managing service to our landlords and tenants.
In some cases we need to process data to enable us to ensure that we are complying with our legal obligations relating to the landlord and the tenant.
We have a legitimate interest in processing personal data during our management of the property.
Processing personal data allows us to:-
- Effectively run rent demands;
- Arrange and provide services;
- Maintain accurate and up – to – date records and contact details;
- Operate and keep a record of processes and legislation followed;
- Control and keep a record of monies due, owed or received in relation to rent payments, and contract payments;
- Obtain professional advice, to ensure that we meet our obligations under health and safety law and relevant legislation as applicable;
- Respond to and defend against complaints and or legal claims
Who has access to data?
Your information will be shared internally with KeyMann Residential Lettings Ltd staff for the purposes of dealing with the day – to – day management of the property.
As part of our management process we may share your data with the directors and the landlord.
We will also share limited data (e.g. your name and contact details) with contractors who need to make contact with you in relation to specific areas of management. Where possible this will be done so with clear written consent, however during out of hour emergencies we may need to share your name and contact telephone number with a contractor to attend to emergencies such as leaks, fire or flooding.
By law, we may be required to make available the financial element of the data together with some personal data to HM Revenue & Customs for tax purposes.
We are bound to comply with money – laundering legislations and are required to make available the financial element of the data together with some personal data to the relevant authorities.
We will also share your data with third parties such as: solicitors and debt collection agencies if and when applicable.
In all these circumstances the data will be subject to confidentiality arrangements. Otherwise we will not share your data with third parties.
We will not transfer your data to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
How will the Company protect data?
We take the security of your data seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed and it is not accessed except by our employees in the proper performance of their duties.
The data is stored centrally on encrypted servers and upon networked company owned workstations used by our employees. All electronic storage systems are governed by password and hierarchy of access users.
Where we engage with third parties to process personal data we do so under the duty of confidentiality and under obligation to implement an appropriate technical and organisation measure to ensure the security of data.
How long will the Company keep data for?
We will hold your personal data for the duration of our appointment as managing agent. Thereafter, the periods for which your data is held will remain in accordance with our legal retention obligations.
Data regarding the processing of financial information with reference to the collection of rent and other financial information in relation to the management; is kept for a period of six years after the expiry of each financial year of management.
Personal data such as contact details: telephone numbers and email addresses will be discarded immediately.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights which include your rights to:-
- Access band obtain a copy of your data maintained by us:
- Require us to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- Require us to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of management of your property;
- Object to us processing your data where we are relying on our own legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing. This may arise if you have disposed of your interest in the property but have failed to formally tell us in writing.
If you would like to contact KeyMann Residential Lettings regarding this policy, please email: email@example.com
Alternatively, you can write to KeyMann Residential Lettings registered office.